Friday 8 December 2017

ENOUGH



I've always like writing poetry, it mostly comes out when I'm going through seriously bad times, it's an outlet for my mind, the constant swirling words I have in a constant tornado in my brain.  I often suffer from massive bouts of depression (we'll discuss depression in more detail later).

I started writing poems early on in high school and it's not a major passion of mine, although I enjoy it, it gives me freedom of speech and to verbalise my feelings on paper somehow puts the lows into a new perspective for me.  It takes those words (some of them really need to get out) and "removes" them from my head...making space for (hopefully) more positivity.



This specific poem for a song I wrote sometime in 2014, I actually wrote it for an old school friend of mine who had his own freelance band, he assured me it would be a good song and his words that I recall were: "I love it!
I've never heard from him since (after giving him a few poems/songs of mine) so JP, I hope you have made a huge success with your endeavours.  And just for the record, it's common decency to let the writer know if you've actually sung and/or published their work.  #justsaying



Enough


by Tracy Trace

The repetition in these waves
Have driven me to
The water's edge
One step closer and
I'll fall into freedom

Tired of this
I've had enough
To taste sweet freedom
Because I've had enough
Freedom, sweet freedom

What is real anymore?
I can't tell the difference
I've lost my mind, I've heard
Or I've grown indifferent to you
I like the sound of freedom

Because I've had enough
Freedom....sweet freedom

Tired of this
I've had enough
To taste sweet freedom
Because I've had enough
Freedom, sweet freedom

The waters edge, it's cold
As I've heard my heart is
I can smell the freshness
The freedom of flying

Because I've had enough
Freedom....sweet freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS LETTER OFTEN

A letter to my children To the 3 beautiful souls I helped bring into this world… Liam, Mila and Keller, all three of you, so beau...