Monday 11 December 2017

INSANE MOMMY

I have three insanely beautiful children, each with their very own quirky personalities, and by "quirky" I mean, difficult, odd, full of crap-a-doodles, I'd like to murder...(that's just a figure of speech though, don't read too much into that, please!)  I have absolutely NO inclination of spending my days behind bars, although the thought of that solitude is somewhat appealing, I mean with all the fights, constant mess and the chaos surrounding me almost 24/7 at home, one can easily envision such ridiculousness.
Jail time is ruled out!
For now.....



My son Liam is 13, an opinionated, know it all, moody typical teenager. He has a very unhealthy obsession with his hair which slowly but surely is making my grave look like a well nurtured pasture to rest in. Please tell me why today's teens have so much say in just about anything and  everything.
I know this is just a phase, he's a good kid, and his heart is
in the right place but that head right now....I can't deal.
When I was  his age, if I glanced at my parents a mere 33ΒΊ angel out of place, I knew I was in for a World War of hidings. My parents never reminded me to study, do sports, watch my language or mind my manners in adult conversation. It was simple, around adult conversation, I made like a banana and split.
I get the feeling way too often that trying to raise a teenager is
not one of my strong points.
Although I have realised that a few of my
VERY strong points include, aggravation, impatience, irritability, a very low level for tolerance and a total lack of time management. I tend to find myself yelling (a lot) like a demon exiting an exorcism.



The middle little "Madame" is Mila, she's 6, she is as independent as all of the America's Independence Days'...combined, since the beginning of forever. I have yet to meet someone as confident, loud and proud like her.  She's mastered a skill we like to call "herding". You see, although we don't live in the rural farm areas, Mila has found comfort in herding as many little friends towards our apartment in the complex block. It's like strings of sheep following her wherever and just going with the motion of the "master".  My value on privacy is unobtainable , and I thrive in peace and quiet around me at all times possible.
But the herd...



Peace and quiet......

Yes, that is karma snickering those 3 golden words into my ear ever so often because last but certainly not the least (in volume), we have the baby, well almost a toddler, Keller. Keller is 2, survived a traumatic and turmoil like pregnancy and born 5 weeks premature.  Keller has the voice of a foghorn on roids. I cannot remember a time before my ear drums weren't ringing. And full of little funny ways, she has an entourage of items she cannot go anywhere without. It's:  the bottle, the blanket, the bunny, and the most important item, her fluff. She has this thing where she'll pluck out the fluff of her plush toys and she uses this soft fluff to rub on her cheeks, her neck or just simply to "roll" in-between her fingers.  She's obsessed with soft stuff and I'm quite sure it's because when she was born, the first words I said when I saw her was "She's so soft". I think that stuck with her, that's my theory anyway.



3 Kids, 3 unique little souls in human bodies and it's quite interesting and somewhat amazing how their ways and irks differ so greatly. They are all very strong individuals and I made them!! Okay, I had help but it's so unbelievable that in a few years, I'm going to hope they were all small again and I will probably wish for that chaos and clutter again.
So for now, I will enjoy the insanity, unruly attitudes, tears, laughter and mess because....
this too shall pass.

2 comments:

READ THIS LETTER OFTEN

A letter to my children To the 3 beautiful souls I helped bring into this world… Liam, Mila and Keller, all three of you, so beau...